ಸೋಮವಾರ, ಮೇ 17, 2010

ARE WE RICH?

ARE WE RICH?
KRS Murthy

Dad! All my friends were discussing today
To know when we have really become rich

To be sure that we are rich is not easy at all
As I do not know what is being rich anymore

Are you rich when you have lots of money?
Do not need any more money to say enough

Just like I have felt that I can't eat any more
In a full stomach after a really tasty big meal

Do you ever get enough to say no more please?
How can I my find a stomach to put my money?

That just refuses to eat any more money to force feed
The tummy warns with a hurt really badly, when I ignore

When I feed anymore by force clearly spells pain
Just enough is happiness, and too much really means less

Less happiness than before, and the money doctor
Will cruelly prescribe fasting for the rest of your life

If you still ignore the doctor, you will win a ticket
A free ticket to a non-stop bullet train to the grave

Always had this question even when I was a little girl
Never asked this question as you were busy being rich

Is it too late now to ask kneeling in front of your grave?
For you can't answer while you are taking a long rest

You probably never knew whether you were rich enough
For your parents never taught you the important lesson

Born unlucky with my stomach full as you ate for me
Probably enough for my children and grandchildren too

Let me go on an immediate workout regiment to give away
Give to all who were lucky born hungry to parents who ate

Bred a generation of hungry souls who knew when to quit
Walk away from the dinner table before it is too much

Give away to the needy, and beg for their blessing on me
For my generation to regain the precious healthy hunger

Embrace the ritual of the sacred penance of giving myself
Give as much as my soul pleads me to do, and do listen

Treasure the sharing of my fortunes, and gain in sharing
Like palming water from the vast ocean, just to return it

Back to the vastness to feel the fortune of playing the role
Of a giver and take the proud bow with the divine gratitude

ಕಾಮೆಂಟ್‌ಗಳಿಲ್ಲ:

ಕಾಮೆಂಟ್‌‌ ಪೋಸ್ಟ್‌ ಮಾಡಿ